Connecting your Mixpanel data to Stitch a four-step process:
- Retrieve your Mixpanel API credentials
- Enter your Mixpanel API credentials in Stitch
- Select tables to sync
- Define the replication frequency
To complete this process, you will need to open two browser windows or tabs - one for Stitch, the other for your Mixpanel account.
Retrieving Your Mixpanel API Credentials
- Log into your Mixpanel account.
- Click Account, which is located in the upper right portion of the screen.
- In the modal that displays, click Projects.
Note that this window is different than the Project Settings window, which is accessed using the gear icon in the lower left corner. The window you need is accessed only by clicking Account > Projects.
- Your API credentials will display:
Click for a closer look.
Keep this modal open - you'll need it to complete the setup.
Entering Your Mixpanel API Credentials into Stitch
- From the Stitch Dashboard page, click the Add an Integration button.
- Click the Mixpanel icon. This will open the Mixpanel credentials page.
- Enter a name for the integration. This is the name that will display on the Stitch dashboard for the integration; it’ll also be used to create the schema in your data warehouse.
For example, the name “Stitch Mixpanel” would create a schema called
stitch_mixpanel in the data warehouse.
- Copy the API Key and Secret into the Mixpanel credentials page in Stitch.
- Click Save Integration to complete the setup.
After your credentials are validated, you'll be directed back to Stitch (click the All Done button to wrap things up) and the Integration Settings page will display.
Selecting Tables to Sync
To finish setting up the integration, you'll need to select the tables you want to sync to your data warehouse. Check out the Expected Mixpanel data article to learn more about the data our integration pulls in from Mixpanel.
At this time, Stitch supports syncing Mixpanel data at the table level. You can sync and unsync tables at any time.
Defining the Replication Frequency
The replication frequency setting determines how often Stitch will attempt to replicate data from Mixpanel. By default the replication frequency is set to 30 minutes, but you can change the interval to better suit your needs.
You can change this setting at any time by clicking into the integration from the dashboard and then clicking the Integration Settings button.