Connecting your Desk.com data to Stitch is a simple five step process:
- Add Stitch as an app in your Desk.com account
- Retrieve your Desk.com Key and Secret
- Retrieve your Desk.com Token and Token Secret
- Enter your Desk.com API credentials into Stitch
- Define the Replication Frequency
Part of the Desk.com data imported into Stitch are all labels applied to cases. If you're using Labels in Rules, we recommend setting the label's rule action to "Append" rather than "Set." This will ensure that we capture all labels applied over time.
This can be changed by visiting
https://YOURDOMAIN.desk.com/admin/case-management/rules, replacing "
YOURDOMAIN" in the link with your Desk.com URL, searching for the particular label, and click into the rule to adjust this rule action from ‘Set’ to ‘Append’.
Adding Stitch as an App in Your Desk.com Account
- Log into your Desk.com account.
- Navigate to the Admin panel by clicking the link in the upper left section of the Agent interface.
- In the Admin panel, click the Settings option in the menu at the top of the window.
- When the Settings page displays, click the API option in the menu that appears on the left side of the window.
Need some help navigating the first few steps? Click the image to the right for a quick walkthrough.
- Click the +Add API Application button.
- After clicking the button, a window will display. This is where the initial parameters for the API application are set. Complete the fields as follows:
When finished, click the Add button.
- Name: Stitch
- Website URL: http://www.stitchdata.com
- Callback URL: http://www.stitchdata.com
- Support URL: http://docs.stitchdata.com
Retrieving Your Desk.com Key & Secret
- After the URL parameters have been successfully submitted, a screen detailing the parameters, Key, and Secret will display.
- Copy the Key and Secret into a text file - you'll need easy access to them to complete the setup.
Retrieving Your Desk.com Token & Token Secret
- Click the Your Access Token link on the right side of the API Application page. A window containing your Token and Token Secret will display.
- Copy the Token and Token Secret into the text file that contains your Key and Secret. Be careful not to mix up the Secret and Token Secret or you'll encounter errors when saving the integration in Stitch.
Entering Your API Credentials into Stitch
- From the Stitch Dashboard page, click the Add an Integration button.
- Click the Salesforce Desk icon.
- Enter a name for the integration. This is the name that will display on the Stitch dashboard for the integration; it’ll also be used to create the schema in your data warehouse.
For example, the name “Stitch Desk” would create a schema called
stitch_desk in the data warehouse.
- In the Site URL field, enter your Desk.com website address. For example: http://stitch.desk.com
- Enter your Key, Secret, Token, and Token Secret into their respective fields.
Defining the Replication Frequency
The Replication Frequency setting determines how often Stitch will attempt to replicate data from Desk. By default the frequency is set to 30 minutes, but you can change the interval to better suit your needs.
You can also update this setting at any time in the Integration Settings page.
When you're finished, click the Save Integration button to wrap things up.
Now you can sit back and relax while Stitch replicates your Desk.com data to your data warehouse.